Entrepreneur Virtual Series
We're proud to be able to offer a virtual series focused on connecting all the best portions from the successful Urban Hope Entrepreneur Center/E-Hub Programs. The first presentation will appear here on November 18, 2020. Click on the link below to listen to our podcast series.
Entrepreneur Advantage Vision
The vision has manifested into an outstanding foundation of empowered entrepreneurs who have developed self-sufficiency and feel a sense of giving back that is necessary to the free enterprise system. This vision has been called the "Power of 92". The organization is led by volunteer Mark Burwell, Director Emeritus.
Today the program has evolved as an advocacy connector, partnering with the entrepreneurial ecosystem. It continues to foster the mission of:
- Cultivating entrepreneurs to become community mentors and leaders.
- Engaging entrepreneurs to give back through social enterprising.
- Tapping into and empowering creative entrepreneurs.
An impressive list of entrepreneurs have graduated from our program to become successful leaders and business owners. Here is a quick look at the community and economic impact for the New North region of Wisconsin:
- 2,650 graduates and workshop participants
- Over 910 business ventures started or rebooted
- Over 6,000 number of sustainable years in business
- Over 3,600 full and part-time jobs created
- Millions of dollars in services, payroll, bank loans and tax revenue has been generated from the program each year.
- Hundreds of hours of volunteer counseling and peer-to-peer mentoring each year.
- Dozens of award-winning business and leaders and alumni giving back to their community.
Alumni Chamber Of Commerce Winners & Nominees
2018 Small Business Person of the Year; Lonny Charles, Board Member, Wipfli CPA’s
2014 Small Business Person of the Year: Ying LaCourt, Helping Hands Caregivers
2014 Nominees for Entrepreneurial Award: Stacey Nell Kolze, Nell's Wigs; Brenton Watzka, Access Prosthetics
2012 Nominee for Entrepreneurial Award: Robert Jahnke, Top Hat Marketing
2011 Nominee for Cornerstone Award: Angela Cervantes, Angelina
2011 Nominee for Growth Award: Catherine & Mark Semrau, La Java-A Roasting House
2010 Nominees for Entrepreneurial Award: Teri Shevy & Dan Frievalt, artEssence; Catalina Taboada, Taboada & Associates
2009 Nominees for Business Award: Jill Bassett & Kelly Cornelius, Plae Bistro; Maribeth Conard and Cheri Larson, Legato Marketing & Communications
2009 Young Professionals: Dan Frievalt & Teri Shevy, artEssence
2008 Small Business Person of the Year: Jim LaCourt, AHEAD Human Resources
2008 Small Business Manufacturer of the Year: S&M Tool
2007 Athena Award: Donsia Strong Hill
2006 Small Business Person of the Year: Mark Burwell
2006 Entrepreneurial Growth Award: Cheri Larson, Azante Jewelry
2002 Entrepreneurial Growth Award: Linda Galt, Kavarna
- Southwestern Wisconsin – Janesville and Beloit
- Northcentral Ohio – Canton and Cleveland